Buying The Audio Technica AT95E Stylus


I just replaced the stylus on my vintage Hitachi PS-15 turntable. I picked the Audio Technica AT-95E.
I had bad luck with my previous stylus, a Shure M25C. I wanted something affordable and sturdy, yet of a good audiophile quality.

The AT-95E seemed to fit the bill. It comes with a bunch of screws and nuts and was easy to install on my cartridge. Well, actually I managed to sever one of the tiny wires as I was installing it. I had to solder the wire back in. After fixing this mishap, It works perfectly. The sound is excellent.

I am not a fanatic audiophile. My means and tastes are modest but serious. This stylus seems sturdier than my Shure. I set the weight at 2 grams. I always have been a Shure fanboy, changing to Audio Technica was a leap of faith. But it paid off. So far, after several months and at about two hundred vinyl sides, it performs flawlessly. I think this is a great affordable stylus for vintage turntables.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changing The Fabric Of Your Vintage Speakers And Changing The Surrounds

Akai EA-G40 Stereo Graphic Equalizer