Upgrading Yaqin Tube Buffer 6J1's With GE 6AK5W Tubes (Valves)

I purchased my Yaqin tube buffer about 4 years ago from a Chinese seller on Ebay. I have used it as part of my system chain in different positions along that chain. Before the source and the amp, after the amp, etc...
Recently, I decided to upgrade to different and, perhaps, better tubes....... A matched pair of High Reliability 5654 GE 6AK5W *5-Star* tubes. 


These tubes are very inexpensive. The 5654's are smaller than the original 6J1 supplied with the buffer originally. It's nice to do a rotation, and I intend to purchase other tube equivalents in the future.

I have positioned the buffer in the computer chain. So, from the computer to the buffer, then from the buffer to the amplifier. This way, it warms up the digital output from the computer before it's amplified by the AM-2800. 

Subjectively I find the sound a little more "musical" than the 6J1 tubes. A little fuller... Overall I recommend these tubes. They come at a good price and the performance is very pleasing, so they offer very a good value.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changing The Fabric Of Your Vintage Speakers And Changing The Surrounds

Akai EA-G40 Stereo Graphic Equalizer